zaterdag 15 januari 2011

The urge of being creative

What is the meaning of a creative life for me?
I completely agree to everything said in Leahs post: "Creativity is meant in the broadest sense, so it doesn't have to be something art related."

But why is this so important to me? And this year it feels even more important than before. Is it because I joined the challenge, becouse I feel comitted?
I do feel comitted, but it's not the main reason for this to be so important.

I've had a couple of tough years and last year I started with making a change. I learned to love myself. I don't need to punish myself for everything that goes wrong. I am allowed to make mistakes. I am worth it to take care of myself.
Changing your life vision is not something you do overnight. It's a proces with ups and downs. Being creative helps me to keep going on. It helps me to see the things that happen in my life in the right perspection.

Back to the question "What is the meaning of a creative life for me?"
Being creative is my way to express myself, to show the world who I am. This challenge combines all those things I want to do and learn this year to have a good balance between my body and my soul. The outside of me needs to be in balance with my inside.

~By cooking a healthy dinner I take care of myself. I give my body the vitamins, protein etc etc it needs to grow.
~By cooking a new dish I give myself an opportunity to explore the world a little more
~When I play with my journal I give myself time to reflect, to think about what happened. It gives me the opportunity to re-encounter the event and to see how best to react next time.
~If I try a new art technique I just feel so happy and at peace. I deserve that just as much as any other person on this planet.
~By making my home cosy I show I have a right to a nice and safe enviroment.
~Going to the gym takes away the stress of life. I take care of my body by training my muscles and becoming more fit.
~Taking a picture outside means I'm not scared of strangers who might ask what I see.

I guess this list is a neverenging list. Anything you do in daily life you can connect to take care of yourself. And THAT's my real challenge this year.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Great post. It sounds like you are in an important stage of your life. Very pleased you've joined CED2011. There are so many inspiring and supportive people that participate. I'm sure it will help you with the aims mentioned in this post.

    Wishing you a happy & creative year.
    Kat :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you so much for your reaction. It's easy to go back to the old me. But the old me doesn't make me happy. She doesn't make te people around her happy either, so changing her is my number 1 priority.
    It's not easy, but it is so worth it!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen